Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How does the Brain work? : Retinal Detachment Final

I had checked my RD condition at half-year review 2 months ago. Yes, it happened 8 months so far and everything was stable as the doc said.

However the dot is still exist though I can live with it. My doc said the structure of the repaired retina is excellent and that is so called anatomically corrected. What remained is the adjustment of our brain to adapt the restructuring and disturbance made during the surgery. He also told me no one knows exactly how the way does the brain work and therefore no definite answer for the recovery, but that will be improving over time... be patient with it!

Anyway, I could declare I get back to almost the same as what before the accident happened :- 20/20 acuity; wearing a pair of thinner glasses; putting back on the contact lens; just having some additional aliens living at the very circumference of insignificant visual field.

All in all, God treats me not bad. He brings so many experiences to me and makes my life so unique. I am very happy I could still see the world and read the books I like.

By the way, I got an email from the 2 bald profs of Funky Business saying that the "Funky Business Forever" will be available in bookstore very soon and I joined the Funky Tribe in the books' new webpage.

http://www.funkybusinessforever.com/

Stay tuned and would grab the book in PageOne later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, nice to know you are all ok

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker